|This Organization is constituted for the following purposes:
- To promote the best interest of school children, the advancement of education, and to support the instructional opportunities for all.
- To develop and promote the adoption of such ethical practices, personnel policies, and standards of performance as necessary to support an educational operation.
- To promote and maintain the salaries, retirement, job security and advancement, professional and sick leave and other working conditions necessary to maintain members at a competitive social and economic level in society.
- To enable members to speak with common voice and present their individual and common interests before the Board of Cooperative Educational Services and other legal authorities.
- To promote the aims and objectives of NYSUT and its national affiliates.
- To hold property and funds and to employ a staff for the attainment of these purposes.